Can you think of
- a way you bring joy to somebody?
- some ideas for bringing joy to people?
- someone to try these ideas on?
The idea is not to make them obligated. Not to complain if they don’t appreciate you.
The goal here is bring THEM real joy. Unexpected surprise. Something that if you’re honest with yourself, you know they would love.
Even if they do not express appreciation, you still win. You still succeed.
- Pitch in with washing dishes.
- Start singing a silly song that they would join in on.
- Be playful and initiate something fun.
- Schedule something regularly once a week or as much as you feel would be best.
Are you going to try that idea out today? Do you have any ideas?
Maybe you can create a list of ideas. Keep that list for yourself so nobody knows when the surprise is coming or what the surprise will be. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Just a simple pleasure of life.
What do you think? Who are you going to try this on first?